Thursday, June 18, 2015

Final Blog Post

Dear 810,

From the very beginning of school to just yesterday, I was doing learning really awesome things in ELA. I have really enjoyed my 8th grade ELA class this year. I didn’t even call it ELA until I went to 51, other schools just referred to it as Language Arts. This class has taught me so much, from grammar to Shakespeare. One of my favorite activities of this year is definitely acting in class, reading that book and incorporating my favorite thing into class that made learning very fun. It taught me that ELA could be represented through almost anything including acting.  

My favorite text that we read this year was “Romeo and Juliet.” There’s no other book like it and I love it, even though there has been many great remakes of this great story, you can’t beat the classics. This was my favorite unit this year because this was the unit I understood the most and I already knew the story because I saw the “Annapolis Shakespeare Company” perform it. It’s a great play and a great unit for the end of 8th grade ELA. Overall I have loved having ELA with this class, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

From Eli Stewing 810


Ideal High School Bookshelf:
1.    Buddha 4 by Osamu Tezuka
2.    The entire Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
3.     The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
4.     The Poison Wood Bible by Barbra Kingsolver
5.     The Red Scarf Girl by Ji-li Jiang
6.     Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
7.    A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
8.    Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
9.    Modoc by Ralph Helfer
10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment